It was a rather interesting game. The rules were to introduce yourself, and state 2 facts about yourself and one lie. The class would then guess which was the lie. It was quite funny learning some truths about certain people. For instance I am now aware that 2 of my classmates own Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle pajama bottoms. While the game was very fun to play, it also had its point of teaching the class about trusting one's gut feeling, and instincts. Our teacher explained that in this course, rather than listening and relying to our teachers instincts we must learn to rely on our own. I couldn't help but feel that I maybe shouldn't be relying on my gut so much seeing as how i continued to get my guesses wrong hahaha.I think the game was a successful icebreaker though and helped the students feel more at ease with not only the teacher but the other students too. It was also quite refreshing not having to listen to the teacher read the syllabus, unfortunately, right after the game was done, Jimmy went ahead and read through the syllabus. This immediately crushed my high.
Monday, January 7, 2013
Art 220 Day 1
It was a rather interesting game. The rules were to introduce yourself, and state 2 facts about yourself and one lie. The class would then guess which was the lie. It was quite funny learning some truths about certain people. For instance I am now aware that 2 of my classmates own Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle pajama bottoms. While the game was very fun to play, it also had its point of teaching the class about trusting one's gut feeling, and instincts. Our teacher explained that in this course, rather than listening and relying to our teachers instincts we must learn to rely on our own. I couldn't help but feel that I maybe shouldn't be relying on my gut so much seeing as how i continued to get my guesses wrong hahaha.I think the game was a successful icebreaker though and helped the students feel more at ease with not only the teacher but the other students too. It was also quite refreshing not having to listen to the teacher read the syllabus, unfortunately, right after the game was done, Jimmy went ahead and read through the syllabus. This immediately crushed my high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sorry for crushing your high.... 8- (
ReplyDelete