Wow. This class continues to surprise me. Today, the theme was PROCESS. Or at least I think it was. So our teacher, Jimmy, asked us to rearrange ourselves by our birth dates. Simple enough. After we had successfully organized ourselves, Jimmy told us that in the future, we would most likely be working collaboratively with others. A very important life lesson. I couldn't help but agree more that knowing how to work well with others is a very helpful skill.
I have always considered myself as more of a leader then a follower, but one thing that i have learned through trail and error is that you are not the only one who thinks that they're the leader. While you may think your plan is the best and most efficient one to get the job done, someone else may be thinking the same thing. So, after many past altercations that have taken place between two people who may think they know what needs to be done, I have learned that taking a step back may just be whats best for the group. It's very easy to butt heads and slow the entire group down. Being a leader means doing whats best for the team. Shut up for a second and LISTEN to what leader #2 has to say. It may also be that the group prefers their idea more.
No comments:
Post a Comment