I just realized my last post never went through, so I will be uploading that later. So! Already on the third week of class. Jimmy had us to an exercise were we listened to a story that ultimately led up to us drawing what we imagine would be behind the a door with our name on it.
I am currently taking a class called TVF 250, and the biggest theme throughout this class is self-identity. I read an entire article, on how our name has such great influence on how we identify ourselves. So, bringing it back to Jimmy’s class, when given the option of drawing what is inside a room that has MY name on it, I couldn’t help but think back to my readings of self-identity. My name is not only a way to identify me from others, but it is a way to label myself. So, the question was how do I view and feel about myself, and how would I represent that with a drawing.
Since I for the most part enjoy myself, and take pride in the things I enjoy, I knew that a great way to represent myself visually would be to draw and image of things I enjoy visually. I like cute shit. I really do. I love things that are imaginative, childish, and whimsical. This is because as an individual I identify myself as a kid at heart. A little girl who loves to surround herself with things that give her joy. I am not impervious to the negative, but I definitely make an effort to not seek it out, or try to change it into a positive. Cakes, Ribbons, smiling faces, angels, and a cotton candy queen would be inside the room with name on the door, and I am proud of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment