Saturday, February 9, 2013

Brain storms to Brain farts.

When i was a kid, i would always hate having to brainstorm. I thought it was the most pointless thing, yet my teachers would always and us a blank brainstorm sheet and ask us to fill it in accordingly. WHY?! I would ask myself,. Why on earth does this matter, and how does this even help me. Looking back now, I realized that brainstorming when i was a child was always pointless to me because the ay or teachers presented it to us. You would have to follow a certain format, and would have a limited amount of spaces to jot down ideas, or too many. So i would always get frustrated as a child. Its a brainstorm, its a map of the thoughts and ideas that would come to out, so why put some BS structure to it that would be conducive to everyone?

As I grew older, and was given more freedoms when it came to brainstorms, I soon found myself not hating the process of brainstorming, and actually finding it useful. I could step back and see my ideas and organize them to be more effective. I could dictate home many idea bubbles I wand to string out from the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment