Saturday, February 9, 2013

I will stand out.

After discussing about Designer of 2015 Competencies with our group today in class I sat down afterward and checked off all the the ones I thought I was good at, and drew a circle at all the ones I thought I wasn't that great. I noticed that most of my checks were next to the bottom half of the list. The points that weren't in bold. Our groups had noticed that the ones that were not bold seemed to all be more general and applicable to everyday life. Not just designers. We agreed that these skills were useful to every field. 

So it got me thinking that this may be to my advantage. I am a graphic design major, as well as a student who will be minoring in marketing. I decided this a long time ago, because in this job market, one most always be flexible and dynamic. I have confidence in my skills as a graphic designer, but I want to stand above the crowd. I want to be able to offer more. Knowledge is rarely a disadvantage. I never want to be pigeon holed when it come to my future I want to be able to stretch myself as far as I can, and to do that i need a strong base to stand upon. So I couldn't be more pleased with my strengths, because i know that in the long run the will only propel me further.

No comments:

Post a Comment